Command line - Application Setting - In-game commands - System Setting
There are two ways to use it.
The first, is create shortcut to Dungeon Siege and add the required properties. After you create a shortcut, click on it with right mouse and select properties. In the Target box add the desired parameters at the end of line (see picture)
The second: Write the settings to ini file in My Documents/Dungeon Siege/Dungeonsiege.ini. Write one parameter per line.
Parameters for game startup
|Turns off all sounds including music.
|Disables the Microsoft and GPG logo movies.
|Forces the application to run in windowed mode.
|Forces the game to run at y resolution height
|Forces the game to run at x resolution width
|Forces the game to run in specific color depth. 16 and 32 are the parameters.
|Instruct game to verify the integrity of its executable and resource data when it starts up.
|Disable video vsync if it is supported. Increase FPS.
|Forces blt mode instead of flip (to work around nVidia blinking problem with older drivers)
|Uses anti-aliasing when rendering a screen shot. (may crash system with older drivers).
|Skips the free disk spaces and available memory checks on startup.
|Forces simple rendering mode. This disables multitexturing and is necessary to eliminate rendering problems for some video card/driver combinations.
|Disables the asynchronous cursor. This will increase FPS, but will slow down mouse response time.
|Enables auto-disconnect from a multiplayer session when a machine times out.
|Allows run multiple copies of DS on the same PC
Records FPS information and outputs it to the My Documents/Dungeon Siege/Logs/Fps.log.
|Forces game to run at a maximum FPS of n
|prevents task switching during gameplay
|disables the Windows keys
|specifies the path where game should looks for additional resources. (see detail)
|specifies exclusive location for resources.
- Very usefull setting. Speed up game start up, because you won't have to watch intro.
- Force game to run in windowed mode. Good for FPS boost, or with setting multi=true.
- height, width
- Forces game run at specific width and height. In game you can set only 640x480, 800x600 a 1024x768 resolutions. On new LCD monitors you must run game in window, or you can set custom native resolution fo you monitors.
- Instruct game to verify the integrity of its executable and resource data when it starts up. This will take time to run and will show a dialog box after verification of each file. If the test indicates that a file is corrupted, try reinstalling the game.
- Note: Turn this option off after using it!
- Disables video vsync if its supported, which can increase FPS. When vsync its disabled, it can show up one or more horizontal lines over monitor.
- Use antialiasing when render a screen-shot. For better results use combination Shift + PrintScreen. Screen-shot will be without user interface.
- Skips the free disk space and available memory check on startup.
- Enable run multiple instance of game on one PC. Good for higger difficulty game. Its recommended to have at least 2GB+ RAM and min. dualcore CPU
- Set maximal FPS at which game run. Reduce unnecesary load. For game its minimal FPS = 25 and ideal FPS = 60.
- noalttab=true, nowinkeys=true
- Prevents task switching during gameplay and disable Windows keys.
- Specify location for aditional resources.
|My Documents/Dungeon Siege/
|My Documents/Dungeon Siege/Keys/
|My Documents/Dungeon Siege/Save/
|My Documents/Dungeon Siege/Screen Shots/
|Microsoft Games/Dungeon Siege/Maps/
|Microsoft Games/Dungeon Siege/Resources/
|My Documents/Dungeon Siege/Mods/
|Microsoft Games/Dungeon Siege/
|My Documents/Dungeon Siege/Bits/
Options > Video
- Game resolution. You can choose only from three options. If you want custom resolution, use width and height parameters (see above).
- There are 4 choices. Without shadows, simple shadows, complex shadow for party only and complex shadows for all.
- Texture Filtering
- Trilinear is better choice, but it slightly reduce FPS.
- Gamma Correction
- Adjust overall contrast.
- Object detail
- Adjust number of objects in game. If you want more FPS or better all-round view, set scroll to left. To right you get better scennery.
Options > Audio
- Enables/Disables All audio
- Master Volume
- Overall sound volume
- Music Volume
- Music sound volume
- SFX Volume
- Effects sound volume
- Ambient Volume
- Ambient volume
- Voice Volume
- Voice volume
- Enables EAX effekts. Depends on hardware support.
Options > Input
- Invert Camera X(Y)-Axis
- Switch sides for camera moving. So if you move cursor down, camera goes up.
- Use Screen Edge Tracking
- Disables/Enables movig camera with edge tracking. You can move with arrows.
- Camera Senzitivy
- Camera senzitivy.
- Mouse Senzitivy
- Mouse senzitivy.
- Lock Camera X(Y)-Axis
- Lock camera x or y axis.
Options > Game
- Display Onscreen Framerate
- Show up FPS in left top corner. Usefull for game tuning.
- Raise App Priority
- Raise Game priority. Usefull for Hosting game otherwise leave default.
- Text Scroll Rate
- Text Scroll Rate.
- Game Speed
- Game speed. Work only in singleplayer.
- Tutorial Tips
- Disables/enables in-game tutorials tips
- Game Difficulty
- Game difficulty - set how much damage you receive or give to enemy.
- Show Rollover Help
- Disables/enables rollover help.
- Blood Color
- Blood color. (Red, Green and none) If you set None, its can slightly boost FPS.
- Disables/enables option to send away one of party member. Works only in singleplayer.
Using: In game press ENTER and write + for enabling and - for disabling command, after sign add one of command from table and hit ENTER.
|Disables/Enables selection rings.
|Show full version of game
|Enables/Disables movie capturing. This setting only create bunch of screenshots, from which you must create video. Sound its not included.
|Labels on characters are bigger if you are closer to character.
|Show/Hide user interface.
Command list - only singleplayer
|All stats to max (150)
|Add six summons spells
|No clicks required (??)
|Disable FOG on maps.
|Very small character
|Very big character
|You get max gold
|Add 3 mana potions and 3 healt potions.
|Add full set of Badger (+12 healt)
If you want best performance, read trought this. Its few usefull tips for better game.
This was tested on windows XP, but its should work also on others windows.
- Start > Control Panel > NVIDIA Control Panel
Look for "Manage 3D settings", Switch on tab Program Settings and select game dungeonsiege.exe or dsloa.exe. If they are not in list, use button Add and add files dungeonsiege.exe or dsloa.exe.
In windows you will see setting for selected apllication. For DS use Antialiasing - Mode , set value to Override any application setting. With this set property Antialiasing - Setting to value 4x or 8x and press Apply. You can see difference on picture.